BOLT Browser Exits the Mobile Internet World | How it Hurts

Bitstream Inc maker of the renowned mobile web browser "BOLT" has just made it known to its esteemed users that future usage of its free services will no longer be available due to what they call "economic circumstances"

The phrase "Economic Circumstances" which I fear to be as a result of lack of funds wasn't well explained by the BOLT Team
.

BOLT Browser which was officially released in January, 2009 is currently listed among the first top mobile browser for mobile devices. Using the company's mobile web browsing technology platform (ThunderHawk) it has successfully been running on major Smartphones and Java ME devices. I personally use it on my Nokia 5230 the way it renders web-pages in the Desktop view is just as if it were a computer. I remember when I was using the Bolt Lite on my Nokia 2600 classic.........(no other mobile browser has never been this great cos it was the best), I know quite a number of people that prefer the Bolt browser to any other browser, sometimes they make comments like:

 "I just can't do without BOLT."
"If it isn't BOLT, I'm not interested."    
"BOLT is my favorite mobile browser!"

How saddening..........what is going to be the fate of these people?

A large number of Java phones and BlackBerry users will miss the BOLT browser alot. It was also a top third-party alternative to the native BlackBerry browser. I guess bolt users will now have to sought for other alternatives maybe Opera Mini/Mobile, UC Browser, Skyfire, Digia @Web, Dolphin Browser, etc.


I hope that Bitstream will get back on their feet soon.

PS. Rumour has it that Bolt Browser took a sauna bath before finally taking a bow. You could as well go cool off in a sauna session while you reminisce about the depart browsing icon. 😀

If you have any suggestion, questions or problem concerning this post, feel free to use the comment box below

No comments

All Rights Reserved © 2010-2013 | Privacy. Powered by Blogger.